To apply for a married visa for Thailand, you first need to be married to a Thai national.

If you apply for a married visa from abroad, once you arrive in Thailand, you would need to leave Thailand every 90-days, which is better known as a border run.

If you were not married in Thailand, you would need to get the original marriage certificate certified by your embassy in Bangkok and then translated to Thai and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.

The financial requirements for a married visa for Thailand is that you have either 400,000 Baht in a Thai Bank account in Thailand for 2 months before applying or a statutory declaration from your embassy in Bangkok confirming you have an income equivalent to or greater than 40,000 Thai baht per month.

Thai immigration will accept a combination of both deposit and income.

The next requirement is that you have at least a 6-month rent contract, supported by the property owner.

The married visa for Thailand is only valid for one year and has to be extended by the same process as the original application process, every year thereafter.

After the married visa is issued, you must report to immigration every 90 days to confirm where you are living.

If you wish to leave Thailand, whilst holding married visa. You must get a re-entry stamp from your local Thai immigration office before travelling. Otherwise your visa will be cancelled on your departure from Thailand.

Visa rules & regulations may vary slightly by location. The terms and conditions of all visas for Thailand can change without warning. So, it is advisable to contact your local Thai consulate or visa agent before making an application.

Don’t forget that consular & immigration officers reserve the right to request additional documents when they deemed it to be necessary.

If you think it could be beneficial to arrange a FREE consultation to discuss your needs, simply contact us, email: [email protected] or call +66 (0) 81 846 9193