Help With Buying Property In Thailand
If you are considering an investment in property in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Pattaya or any other city or province in Thailand there are risks. The first issue could be communication as all the official paperwork will be in Thai. This could result in a misunderstanding that could lead to possible financial loses. Then the next issue that foreigners are not allowed to own land in Thailand.
With their best intentions a Thai partner, friend or a property agent is not necessarily the right person to advise you as they may not be qualified to give you accurate translations or legal advice. It is recommended that you use a Thai lawyer who is fluent in English for the following reasons.
- To ensure that all translations are certified as true.
- Title Searches are made at the land office to ensure there are no encumbrances and that the seller is the legal owner of the property.
- All options for foreigner ownership are clearly explained.
- Contracts are prepared to protect in both Thai and English and registered with land office in accordance with Thai law.
- Money transfers from abroad are explained in full to avoid breaching money laundering laws.
To get you started, we can over a free video call to hopefully help you avoid unnecessary risks in the future. Once we understand your plans, we can then prepare a proposal to meet your needs.