When applying for a Thai driving license you will only be granted a license for vehicles that are valid on your license from your home country of residency, EI; if you only have a license for a car you won’t be granted a license for a motorbike, unless you take the full 2-day test.
To apply for Your first Thai driving license you must hold at least 60-day tourist visa and you will be granted 2 years driving license/s.
To extend the driving license/s you must apply before the expiry date. If you are only holding 60 or 90-day visa for Thailand the license/s will only be extended 2 years. If hold 1-year visa the driving license/s will be extended for 5 years.
The following documents are required when applying for a Thai diving license.
- Letter of Residence from immigration.
To apply for a letter of residency from immigration you would need the following documents.
- Application Form
- Two (2) Passport photos
- Two copies of your passport – (a). Identity Page (b). Latest Visa/Visa Extension Stamp (c). Last Entry Stamp into Thailand (d) Departure Card
- Proof of your current address – This could a rent contract supported by a copy of the property owners ID card & house book.
- Two copies your passport – (a). Identity Page (b). Latest Visa/Visa Extension Stamp (c). Last Entry Stamp into Thailand (d) Departure card
- Two copies of current driving license (both sides) from your home country of residency
- Medical certificate, see below.